Football Violence

Yeah well, after reading this I suspect the reason that Qld threw the first two State of Origin Matches this year, was to give those poor sheilas in New South Wales a bit of a break. (no pun intended).

According to this article which is all about Pommy football and the aftermath, domestic violence in NSW increases by 60% if the Blues lose.

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/domestic-violence-services-prepare-england-croatia-world-cup/9972380

I haven’t considered beating my missus when the maroons lose, but I guess that’s the difference between the two sides.

I’m afraid it’s all a bit beyond my simple brain’s ability to take in.

administrators

There is a sizeable percentage of the population that treat women as property. These people periodically beat their partners or ex-partners, often after drinking but out of jealousy, being slighted etc. These same men get angry at the loss of a game of footy and take their anger out on their partners.

Pretty sick but it is really widespread. 50+ women die each year due to the current or ex partners. That is just the fatal outcomes. In the paper today they described a man who shot his partner in the face with a spear gun.

We spend billions on fighting terrorism but almost nothing on domestic violence. Much more likely to be killed or injured by your partner than by a terrorist.

@dog said in Football Violence:

Much more likely to be killed or injured by your partner than by a terrorist.

Thanks for the heads up! ;)

Seriously though, I want a sticker for my forehead so I don’t counted with that lot.

Look at the socio economic background, observe the fluoro shirts in their cars at knock off time.
A popular theory is that driving is the only time they in their working life that they are in charge and like to demonstrate it.
Observe who drives big loud cars (How can it be unroadworthy, I put new mags on it last week).
God hellp the missus if dinner is not ready or she spent money on non essentials like food when there is no VB in the fridge.

Bloody domestic violence, I get a hiding if we run out of red wine.

That is not domestic violence, more punitive retribution…

@termite said in Football Violence:

Bloody domestic violence, I get a hiding if we run out of red wine.

and I get a good banging when I get a new supply :couplekiss:

Not from Termite I hope!!!

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.