Is it that time again?
administrators

For a new Prime Minister. I suppose it’s nearly been three years.

I wonder if the split in the Liberal Party can be healed. The right wing is determined to move the party right. Not sure that will play well for the broader electorate in NSW & Vic.

Still it’s fun to watch.

Definitely time for a change, the current idiot is all hat and no paddock.

…and at the centre of it all is Tony Abbott. In the dungheap that is politics, he is the festering piece of shit on the bottom. (see what I did there?)

Not quite sure what you did but you are absolutely correct.

They say that if you don’t have a good opposition, you won’t have a good government. Current events are demonstrating the truth of this.

We can rant and rave all we like here, but how many of you have written to your local member (of any party) and told him/her what a shithouse job you think he’s doing? These pricks are surrounded by yes-men and rarely hear a word of criticism, except from the opposing party.

last edited by Shy Ted
administrators

My guess on this is that we’ll have an election sometime between now and end of October.

Turnbull must know he’s a dead man walking. He could easily call an election today or tomorrow and go out with all guns blazing. This would deny any would be challenger of the Prime Ministership.

If he doesn’t do that, Dutton or however becomes leader will have to go to the Governor General and convince him that they are capable of forming a government. If Turnbull and/or a few others state that they won’t guarantee supply, the GG would be in his right to dismiss the government and call a general election.

This won’t be good for the LNP.

@dog said in Is it that time again?:

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

@shy-ted said in Is it that time again?:

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

I agree but what are you going to do about your dingbat if he gets the PM’s job. Same problem different horse.

administrators

Yup, I think we’re pretty fucked.

I’m beginning to think we can’t be governed.

I’m beginning to think we can’t be governed.

Well no, we can be governed. It’s clearly very easy, look at the last few decades to see just how easy it is. With the collection of … well with that mob from both sides of the fence, and we keep on keeping on.

The question is, do we even need to be governed?

@termite said in Is it that time again?:

I agree but what are you going to do about your dingbat if he gets the PM’s job.

Not my dingbat. Frankly, I can’t see a decent politician on either side, with the possible exception of Julie Bishop.

Not my dingbat. Frankly, I can’t see a decent politician on either side, with the possible exception of Julie Bishop.

You just fancy her.

administrators

@termite said in Is it that time again?:

I agree but what are you going to do about your dingbat if he gets the PM’s job.

I don’t even like her. She’s a politician.

I wrote on these forums one time that I thought that the only person in politics with integrity was Turnbull. Oh, how wrong I was. Sold his beliefs just to be PM.

Had he stood up to the right wing troglodytes in his party, we would not be having this discussion today. Instead he tried to appease them. They in turn, blackmailed him on every issue.

Sad really.

Instead he tried to appease them

I lost all hope in him when he was Minister for Water Resources during the drought. Toowoomba was down to 5% supply, and there was a proposal to treat waste water. This caused the usual stupid outrage, so the minister stepped in and organised a plebiscite! Instead of making the decision that he was paid to make based on expert opinion - he asked the great unwashed what they thought!

So Toowoomba didn’t get it’s treatment works, the rains came, and the problem has gone away until the next drought.

Nope, I’ve never had any faith in his ability to lead or to make decisions. Sad.

I lost all hope in him when he was Minister for Water Resources during the drought. Toowoomba was down to 5% supply, and there was a proposal to treat waste water. This caused the usual stupid outrage, so the minister stepped in and organised a plebiscite! Instead of making the decision that he was paid to make based on expert opinion - he asked the great unwashed what they thought!@dog said in Is it that time again?:

Had he stood up to the right wing troglodytes in his party, we would not be having this discussion today. Instead he tried to appease them. They in turn, blackmailed him on every issue.

Both so very true. I thought he may have been a saviour, the only person who could keep the Libs on a reasonable path, but he went along the easiest path right from day 1.

His basic fault was trying to be all things to all the people which is bloody impossible, because nothing constructive gets done. Get a few things done, please 51% of the people and you get re elected, and sooner or later more people are happy too. Works for both sides if they had any bloody brains.

Want to fix so of our problems, Make all votes in Parliament secret and you may just get decisions for Australia and not just on party lines, and 2, remove tax free exemptions for all religions.

@tolovar said in Is it that time again?:

Make all votes in Parliament secret and you may just get decisions for Australia and not just on party lines, and 2, remove tax free exemptions for all religions.

The problem with secret votes is that then you won’t know how your member voted.

As for 2, that would be a damned good start.

Al least though , they wouldn’t just vote along party lines. Cross the floor if their a labor party member and they get expelled from the party, no more pre-selection , no more job, no more lurks and perks.

Plus 2 for 2 and send them a bill for all the bums they have busted.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.