Why are ANU & UC students in general such stuckup pricks/b@$ches?

@bunyip said in Why are ANU & UC students in general such stuckup pricks/b@$ches?:

Oxymoron, low income tradie.

Ain’t that the truth. :)

Free education is at fault.

It’s an unearned “gift” to which everyone is “entitled”. So they feel the entitlement.

The sooner education has to be earned the sooner we’ll see a return to respect for it. Free stuff is valueless.

administrators

@bitingmidge said in Why are ANU & UC students in general such stuckup pricks/b@$ches?:

It’s an unearned “gift” to which everyone is “entitled”. So they feel the entitlement.

The sooner education has to be earned the sooner we’ll see a return to respect for it. Free stuff is valueless.

You know that we haven’t had free university education for 3 decades?

@bitingmidge said in Why are ANU & UC students in general such stuckup pricks/b@$ches?:

as this is coming from a man who (I presume) benefited from Whitlam’s education policy, I guess you’re having a joke :)

@craig said in Why are ANU & UC students in general such stuckup pricks/b@$ches?:

as this is coming from a man who (I presume) benefited from Whitlam’s education policy, I guess you’re having a joke

Well no, I came from a system where you worked for the results, you got a scholarship which covered fees. That was effectively free, but it was “earned”.

@dog said in Why are ANU & UC students in general such stuckup pricks/b@$ches?:

You know that we haven’t had free university education for 3 decades?

But we have had valueless education. Ask anyone who doesn’t intend to pay off their hecs debt… Our kids payed as they went, and worked very hard to do that, the youngest completed three degrees with no debt. They all have friends (around their 40’s now) who have either not worked at all, or worked below the minimum threshold for Hecs payments… if that’s not free it was education that was either stolen or had no value.

@craig said in Why are ANU & UC students in general such stuckup pricks/b@$ches?:

I guess you’re having a joke

It’s been a while since we’ve seen a flash of angst in an argument…need to poke the nest a bit every now and then! :D

@cliff-rogers said in Why are ANU & UC students in general such stuckup pricks/b@$ches?:

Air?

Where are you living? :D

Minbun, the air is free here & I wouldn’t/couldn’t do with out it…

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.