Image editing software

I’ve always used photoshop for simple editing. I’m not a photo guru but sometimes I want to edit a photo. As I’ve a newly formatted hard drive do i stick with Photoshop or swap to something new?

I use Gimp, which is sort of a poor man’s Photoshop, I think. Seems to do quite a lot, & it’s free. You can always download it & give it a try - it’s free.

GIMP id good but can be a bastard to drive, Lightroom seems to be popular which is a light version of full blown PS although I use Corel Paintshop Pro X9 which is very user friendly.

administrators

If you want simple color correction, enhancement, straightening, light adjustment, blemish removal and the like then Lightroom is the bee’s knees.

99% of the time I use Lightroom and for the other 1% of the time I can’t be fucked bothering to fix the photo.

I like Lightroom now. There are things I don’t like about it, but it’s what @dog says, easy to use and to learn at the basic level - the cataloguing isn’t bad, and it comes with photoshop.

I don’t like Adobe’s subscription thing - it costs about $12 per month.

I shall investigate this lightroom of which you speak. Sometimes I need to take out part of the background cos I’m a shit photoer with a phone for my photoing.

@Outback said in Image editing software:

I shall investigate this lightroom of which you speak. Sometimes I need to take out part of the background cos I’m a shit photoer with a phone for my photoing.

Since the basic (cheapest) lightroom subscription comes with photoshop, and you can edit with photoshop within lightroom, that’s a doddle - but I’ve only done it once.

Looks like your connection to Image editing software was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.