Of course, you’ll have to run a course for those who wish to attend the course…
COURSEMANSHIP FOR BEGINNERS
Staff Development Section is presently conducting a series of Basic Management courses. During these courses, it has become apparent that for a variety of reasons, some staff are not able to gain the full benefits of the course.
In some cases, it is many years since participants last attended a course, and their skills require refreshment. In other cases, participants are not sure what to expect from the course, and are therefore not fully receptive.
This course aims to prepare officers who propose to attend courses, either on an intermittent or regular basis, and will provide a good foundation for those who wish to become full-time course goers. The course will be of three days duration, and will cover the following topics:
• Horses for courses – selecting the best course for you.
• Success through suction – the importance of selecting the right partner in team exercises.
• Note taking – how to attend to your private correspondence while appearing attentive.
• Creative latecoming – 1001 excuses for a long lunch.
• An introduction to MEGO* techniques – how to appear to be awake.
• Examination technique – a guide to non-examinable courses.
*My Eyes Glaze Over
Officers who are interested in attending this course should, in the first instance, approach their unit head, who will make arrangements with the staff development officer.