My longest ever project is finished. (Not dust extraction).

Twenty-four years ago I built a 2ft skiff (or Balmain Bug) replica. I rigged it temporarily, and sailed it once or twice before moving into a new house. There, because of its rigged height (over 2.7m) I built a coffer in the ceiling and it sat happily on display for many years, and I never did get round to rigging it properly.

But we moved. Our present house does not have 2.7metre ceilings either, and if I was to put a coffer in the ceiling above it, it would mean a big lump somewhere near our dining room table above, so the only thing to do was to go down.

A few years ago, I dug a pit in the slab, poured a nice little ovaloid thing, made a note in a book about how to find it again, a bunged a timber floor over it. A week or two ago, with the list of jobs diminishing, and the skirting in and the painting done, I decided to try to find that hole. I love it when you cut out a bit of expensive timber floor and find that a hole has stayed exactly where you left it.

Nothing left to do but build a new stand for the boat at it’s new diminished height, and put some proper rigging on it!

Ta-da!!!

0_1551234669879_2019_02_27 at 11-37-11.jpg

0_1551234685469_2019_02_27 at 11-37-17.jpg
The hole!

It is scary that you are actually building things. Who are you and what did you do to midge?

Nice, the boat not Mr Wong. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.