Pain in the Arse.

The above phrase is a common one but takes on a whole new meaning when you see the result of an unknown insect bite on the left cheek of your beloved’s arse.
Started out about a fortnight ago when I was asked to take a look at what was apparently an insect bite, looked OK apart from being a bit itchy. By Sunday it was starting to look a bit nasty so on Monday rang the Drs. and couldn’t get an appointment until Thursday. Madam said it should be OK until then.
By Wednesday it was major, and being Doctors golf day none of the other poor bastards left working at the medial centre would squeeze her in so it was off to the Hospital. Wait an hour until the urgent message the triage nurse sent through and it was into the inspection room. Blood test taken, bacterial swabs taken, Cannula into the back of her hand and an IV drip of antibiotics fed into her. Sent home with more antibiotics with the warning that it would get worse before it got better, they weren’t wrong. It started to turn the corner on Monday when we finally saw her GP, and got more drugs, another swab taken as a White Tailed Spider is the suspect. i’ve had to dress it twice a day and it hasn’t been real good I can tell you.
the hardest part is seeing someone you are a bit fond of, to put it mildly, in absolute agony despite being loaded to the hilt with Panadene Forte and Endone. Pam had both knees replaced at the same time and she said the pain from that was no where as bad as what she has gone through the past fortnight.
Things are slowly getting better but still a mess, see the GP again tomorrow.
The photo is the day she went to hospital, the pink section is about 150mm wide. It got a bloody sight worse that this before it slowly has started to get better.

0_1551242266970_IMG_0644.JPG

last edited by Termite
administrators

Fuck!

Fuck again.

But things are on the mend now? :o

@bitingmidge said in Pain in the Arse.:

But things are on the mend now? :o

To see it now you would not think so but it actually is, thank dog.

Ouch!

But is it as bad as man flu?

excuse me asking but is it therapeutic massaging that spot? all the others have been too chicken to ask.

@tonto said in Pain in the Arse.:

excuse me asking but is it therapeutic massaging that spot? all the others have been too chicken to ask.

No, it is just above the crease where the leg joins the arse cheek.

Nasty but probably not white tailed spiders. They have been found in controlled studies to not cause ulceration. The medical profession has perpetuated the error as we like to blame something.

@terry-b said in Pain in the Arse.:

Nasty but probably not white tailed spiders. They have been found in controlled studies to not cause ulceration. The medical profession has perpetuated the error as we like to blame something.

Thanks Terry, good to hear it’s not likely to be a White Tailed.
Core came out 2 nights ago and left a hole you could have stuck your middle finger in up to about the first knuckle. GP visit they filled it up with some goo and put a sealed dressing on that stays until Sunday when we return to the GP for inspection and another dressing.

last edited by Termite

@termite I am sorry mate, I am a sick bastard I know but putting sticky goo in a hole in ones arse…

Swab results came back, it a MRSA infection. MRSA is a very nasty penicillin resistant bug so her medication has changed. If you want the full nasty on the bug look it up, it can turn into a flesh eater, and a hell of a lot of us have a nice little colony of it livin in our nose and on our skin.

But it’s getting better?

@bitingmidge said in Pain in the Arse.:

But it’s getting better?

Yes, slowly, checked at the doctors twice a week. The new antibiotics should speed things up a bit.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.