Well I'll be buggered

Just got an email from Dodo power and gas advising me of an infeed rate change on our solar, bollocks says I without reading it, at present it is 6c and it is being incresed to 11.6c as of July 1st.
Nice to have a little win.

You think so? Have you seen the new download rates? :)

I just got off the phone to Red Energy. We changed to them from Dodo late last year because their rates are better and they offered to swap our gross meter for a net meter. Anyway months went by and no sign of the meter, so I rang and they told me they had no idea when it would happen. I rang again a few weeks later, no idea still. So I lodged a complaint with the ombudsman and three days later I had a phone call. Long story short, a week later she has rung to tell me the meter is going in on the 14th and I am getting a credit on my bill to the amount I would have saved had my panels been feeding my house instead of the grid. Can’t complain about that, just a shame it took complaining to the ombudsman to get it to happen.

I check the charges every six months and to date Dodo have been the cheapest, our supplier is SP Ausnet which is the most expensive supplier around but there is nothing we can do about that as they all have their little fifedoms and charge what they bloody well like.
Citipower is considerably cheaper if I could find a long enough extension lead.
The other plus is that we get discounts on our phones and internet with the five accounts we have with them, my mobile is only $14 a month and I have never gone over, SWMBO’s is $15 but it rarely gets switched on, just waiting for NBN but not holding my breath.

Red Energy is 24 cents for the first 1074 kwh then 23.1 for the remainder. Off peak is 10.85 and the service charge is $1.403 per day. Feed in is 6 cents but if I have my way, they won’t be getting any of it anyway.

Dodo was flat 25.1 cents per kwh, 10.9 cents for off peak and $1.4135 per day.

When I first signed up to Dodo, they were the cheapest around. Then 6 months later, the prices went up to match everyone else. I suppose Red will do the same.

Shit, we are 37c and Dog said we were the cheapest State despite me pointing out that Dads NSW bill was way under mine.
Not sure of the breakdown but that is the day rate, I think we are about $1.10 a day supply.

Another reason not to live in Victoria!

@bunyip said in Well I’ll be buggered:

Shit, we are 37c and Dog said we were the cheapest State despite me pointing out that Dads NSW bill was way under mine.
Not sure of the breakdown but that is the day rate, I think we are about $1.10 a day supply.

Well what does Dog know? Here’s Qld’s non-competitive Origin energy rates -

https://www.originenergy.com.au/terms-and-conditions/qld-electricity-tariffs.html

25.5c per kw and $1.25 per day

The bottom line is - don’t use electricity!

Offset with cheaper rego and CTP, three cars, a boat and trailers to register, it helps.

Offset with cheaper rego and CTP, three cars, a boat and trailers to register, it helps.

What does it cost to heat your house and cool it in summer? :laughing:

Aircon we run when the sun is out and does not run into debit, being an inverter aircon we run it continually to minimise draw but it is a 3.5kw system.
Heating is wood and we use our own trees that fall and branches we trim except for about a tonne of redgum which is about $320.

And, my power bill just came in…
0_1496388716758_Screenshot (4).png

Hot water (off peak) is our biggest killer.

last edited by bunyip

AGL (NSW) Peak 2pm-8pm weekdays $0.5033
shoulder 7am - 2pm & 8pm - 10 pm weekdays $0.1969
Weekends 7am - 10 pm shoulder $0.1969

Off Peak at all other times $ 0.1107

service charge $0.8766 per day

feed in tariff $0,12

less 22% if paid on time

I also use my own power first so through the day , when the suns shining I don’t draw any power at 50c /kw from the Grid

last edited by tolovar

a tonne of redgum which is about $320

Crikey, a ton of red stringy is only $140 up here & there was an add for a trailer load of hardwood for $110 last week.

Stringy is about the same price here but it doesn’t put out as much heat, redgum will burn all night with the air turned off and still put out heat.

Mmmmwwwaaaahhhhhh

My feed in rate is 66 cents. Thay can have as much of my power during the day as they want, I’ll use the the offpeak stuff they sell at night.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.