Another extension finished!

A few years ago, my long suffering (but hey I’m fun to be round) beloved, thought she’d buy a couple of el-cheapo bedside cabinet thingies to “get us by” until I got around to making the proper ones.

They are examples of China’s finest; light weight, small and hopelessly inadequate even to get us by. So I spent $8.00 on a half sheet of MDF and another eight on 250ml of colour matched paint and we might be getting by for longer than I thought, cause I’m not really inclined to build new ones when the ones we have are perfectly OK. :D

So here’s the before:

0_1553673404000_extension-6.jpg

And the after: (the hole in the back is for the power point so all the charging stuff can stay on the shelf.). Worked out OK I think, although it was a challenge trying to keep the work down to a state of “rough” that matched the original.

0_1553673496220_extension-7.jpg

last edited by bitingmidge

Tricky way to get around that power point. :thumbsup:

Thanks Cliff. The power point unfortunately is one of those legacies from the original house. It’s OK, in the real thing it’ll be built in to the back of a charging drawer…with a pad on the top… maybe.

Hope you didn’t have to breath in any paint fumes when you painted it.

@tolovar said in Another extension finished!:

they were picked up by the dust collector.

A few years ago? Mate 26 years ago come July we moved into our current house. The kitchen benchtops were Orange Formica, and it had woodgrain doors that weren’t even edge stripped on the bottom. The bride muttered words to the effect of “Those fucking tops have to go.”

Well this week SWMBO’s brother has put in new benchtops and new doors, re-done the end panels and re-laminated the wall oven cabinet. I mean to say some of you blokes are complete amateurs when it comes to dodging one of the brides stated chores.

@termite said in Another extension finished!:

. I mean to say some of you blokes are complete amateurs when it comes to dodging one of the brides stated chores.

I’d say anyone that’s stayed 26 years in one spot needs counselling. We move house as soon as she reckons the bedroom ceiling needs painting. :D

@tolovar said in Another extension finished!:

Couldn’t… my nostrils were gummed up with MDF dust.

@bitingmidge said in Another extension finished!:

@termite said in Another extension finished!:

I’d say anyone that’s stayed 26 years in one spot needs counselling. We move house as soon as she reckons the bedroom ceiling needs painting. :D

Up to this one 6 years was my record in 47 years.

@termite

Then… what happened? :D

We are presently up to eight, but since we are here for less than half of each year, it’s probably 4 dog years.

Up to #9 and thinking about 10 but don’t know that I really want to shift 10 truckloads of shit a lot of which is bloody heavy.
When we moved in in 2002 I didn’t have a grader, landscape rake, harrows, post hole digger, two tractors, 30m tonne log splitter, cement mixer and other assorted detritus that I actually use yet alone horse float, caravan, two trailers, kayaks, ride on mower, pile of outdoor cooking gear, stationary machinery, 3 welders (2 MIG), I really don’t want to compile a list but we are considering subdividing and moving to a bigger spread.

Looks very reminiscent of a '60s telephone table, I like it.
Been in the current place for a bit over 5 years. Last place was 13 years, but I still own it and the tenants don’t get access to my sheds as they’re fenced off and have their own road frontage. I still have about about 120m2 of sheds full of stuff there plus a fair bit of gear (besser blocks, cars, trailers etc etc) parked there. I am slowly moving stuff out and I’m actually mentally ready to let some of it go.

Mick

Rented for 4 years , then bought our first home as first child was on the way, had it ( the house that is ) for 11 years then moved here . This one so far is 35 years and is set up to last up another 10 years I rekon, as it will take that long to empty the two 6 x 7 sheds the wood storage leen-to and under the house plus all the crap inside and in the roof storage. May have to extend that to 20 years .

We’ve been in our current place around 18 years. I dread the thought of ever moving … plus we really like this place.

Moving what is in the house wouldn’t be so bad, but there is a lot of (heavy) gear in the main shed (about 160m2), plus boat, trailer and horse float in the machinery shed (54m2) that I just finished off last weekend.

Moved back to Aus 39 years ago, this coming June, with all my possessions, except for my tools and panel van, in two suitcases and a carry on bag, now I’m similar to Tolovar.

Our last place was a standard quarter acre block and she filled it, this is acreage and she’s almost there.
If we do move I’m not getting a shed, I’ll aim for two aircraft hangars.

@bunyip said in Another extension finished!:

… two aircraft hangars.

I’d consider moving for that :)

@bunyip said in Another extension finished!:

two aircraft hangars.

You don’t need sheds for that just a couple of sky hooks

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.