Early voting eligibility
You can vote early either in person or by post if on election day you:
- are outside the electorate where you are enrolled to vote
- are more than 8km from a polling place
- are travelling
- are unable to leave your workplace to vote
- are seriously ill, infirm or due to give birth shortly (or caring for someone who is)
- are a patient in hospital and can’t vote at the hospital
- have religious beliefs that prevent you from attending a polling place
- are in prison serving a sentence of less than three years or otherwise detained
- are a silent elector
- have a reasonable fear for your safety.
Can anyone tell me what a ‘silent elector’ is?
Once again we’ve been cheated out of our democratic entitlement - we leave Aus on 27th, early voting starts on 29th. Nearest polling place for us will be either Brussels or Paris. Gotta love the way governments embrace the modern electronic age.