emerging world leader??
administrators

@tolovar said in emerging world leader??:

thus you by definition are a bigot, and a very vocal one, against hard line Christians , anti Vaxers or anyone who questioners
any of your views on Global warming sorry you changed that to climate change when the facts didn’t hold up. to name a few

In any case, I don’t want to ban any of these people from coming to Australia.

I will call out stupidity, especially when it harms others.

administrators

One of things I look at in regard to the changing climate is Arctic Sea Ice Extent.

This is a bit of a canary in the coal mine. Having a large difference in temperature between the poles and the equator is so very important for a stable climate. This difference drives the ocean currents which in turn make Europe warmer. It will also get ugly if the oceans become stagnant.
The first graph shows the current year Ice Extent compared with the 1981-2010 median.
The second graph shows every year of this century. Only one year, 2001, was above this median.

This is one of the many indicators of global warming.

0_1556413111271_Sea Ice 2.jpg

0_1556413219793_Sea Ice.jpg

administrators
administrators

Fair enough we can fill pages with cut and paste to reinforce our views, I usually don’t bother but

last edited by tolovar
administrators

Fair enough we can fill pages with cut and paste to reinforce our views, I usually don’t bother but

No, it’s called data. It’s verifiable. Satellite images from the last 40 years. Hard to fake.

The other from temperature records. You know, the stuff that is shown on the news every night but from around the world. Also, from publicly available sources.

Or do you think the BOM, CSIRO, NOAA and NASA are just liars?

last edited by dog

@dog said in emerging world leader??:

Maybe he doesn’t want to punish a whole group of people for the actions of a few.
The risk of terrorism is very, very small. Women are thousands of times more likely to be killed by their partners or ex-partners than by a terrorist. Should we get rid of all men?

Thanks @dog, my point exactly.

last edited by bitingmidge

As someone who has witnessed Terrorism first hand overseas I would have thought you would not want to see any such acts happen here even if the risk was small, and if selective immigration reduces that risk are you not for it ?.

If selective migration reduced risks, then it would perhaps be a good thing. How do you select?

If you select entire nationalities or religious groups to enter Australia because of the actions of one or a few of their citizens/members, the country would be populated entirely by its aboriginal population, and all of us late comers would be deported.

As far as I can tell, there isn’t a country or religion which hasn’t had one of its citizens involved in some sort of atrocity.

As far as I can tell, there isn’t a country or religion which hasn’t had one of its citizens involved in some sort of atrocity.

Callithumpian, to name but 1

Callithumpian, to name but 1

Being Callithumpian is an atrocity in itself! :D

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.