What a let down...

While in Tassie we visited too many distilleries, mainly gin which I don’t really enjoy but she does, most were in some old 19th century buildings and quite impressive with one exception.
Last year Sullivans Cove was voted the best whisky in the world, product of Tasmania, price of a bottle sky rocketed to over $300, brother has a couple and I tried it and it was OK but I still prefer a good single malt from Scotland, my biggest disappointment was the distillery, expecting an old mansion or something similar, no, nothing could be further from reality, it is a big tin shed stuck behind Harvey Norman near Hobart Airport, what an absolute let down, you look at this place and think this is the best they can put on show at $300 each.

Perception vs reality… so if any other drug you used was made in the back room of an old mansion, would you be happy?

It’s science that allows consistent quality, so that science should be on display!

I guess like all pharma companies, the price probably reflects the capitalised value of the patent! :D :D

You have to kill the moment, bloody killjoy.

@bunyip said in What a let down...:

You have to kill the moment, bloody killjoy.

I thought the industrial shed behind Havey Norman’s did that! :D

Another one was a cheese place we stopped at in Elizabethtown near Devonport, found a nice cheese with a local name and bought a wheel, got home and read the fine print and found it was made in Hallam which is an industrial area just under an hour from us.
Mars bars are not from mars either.

@bunyip said in What a let down...:

Mars bars are not from mars either. WHAT ??? your kidding, right?

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.